mandag den 17. august 2015

23/4-15: Fairytales in first grade

The man to the left is rotarian Nathan Brown, who's granddaughter, Belle in the striped dress, is in the class

Allerede da jeg i efteråret gav min første præsentation om Danmark ved Rotary, blev jeg spurgt om ikke jeg ville komme og fortælle lidt i en 1. klasse - i april lykkedes det endelig at få en aftale på plads. 

Med fokus på H.C. Andersen og kongefamilien gik præsentationen rent ind ved børnene som til sidst kunne vinde en præmie ved at være den bedste til at sige "rødgrød med fløde". 

Efterfølgende fik jeg mulighed for at snakke lidt med børnene, hvor pigen på det sidste billede f.eks. spurgte om min mor var gode venner med dronningen, og om jeg da ikke kendte hende personligt? 

Der var mange andre nysgerrige spørgsmål som f.eks. hvordan jeg var kommet herover, hvor min mor var, og især det med hvordan man blev prinsesse. 

Jeg behøver vel ikke at sige at Frozen-sammenligningen gik rent ind ved pigerne..? :-)



::::



Already when I gave my first presentation to Rotary about Denmark during fall, I was asked if I would come speak to a 1st grade class - and in April we finally managed to make it happen. 

Focusing on Hans Christian Andersen and our royal family, the presentation was a huge success with the kids who at the end could win small prizes by being the best at saying "rødgrød med fløde" (which is the name of a Danish dessert). 

Afterwards I had the chance to talk a bit with the kids, and the girl on the last picture asked me if my mother was good friends with the queen, or if at least I knew her personally?

There were a lot of other curious questions like how I had gotten over here, where my mom was, and especially how you become a princess. 

Needless to say the Frozen comparison was a winner too.. :-)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar